Join Our Team
At RidgeTech, we understand that to help our clients automate their business, we need great people working at ours. We recognize that our company continues to thrive because of the hard-working and innovative people on our team. Constantly striving to find the best talent in the industry is our goal. We pride ourselves on providing job opportunities for specialists and creating an environment where people want to work together, share ideas and solve problems as a team – while, at the same time, encouraging individual growth through education and training.
Our head office is located in Cambridge, Ontario, close to Hwy 8 and Hwy 401, making it an easy commute to and from surrounding cities.
Perks & Benefits
As well as offering competitive hourly wages and a great work environment, RidgeTech also offers:
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Travel Rewards
- Flexible Hours
- Wellness Spending Account
- Health Benefits
- Professional Designations Membership Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training Opportunities
- Group RRSP
Safety is the number one priority at RidgeTech, and we expect everyone who works with us to act in a safe manner every day. We have a well-defined Health, Safety and Environmental program that includes policies, procedures and training. Employees must complete our safety training program, and we regularly monitor projects and work sites for compliance.
Diversity & Accessibility
RidgeTech Automation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. If you require any accommodation to apply for a position or during the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
New Graduate Job Opportunities
Are you a New Grad? RidgeTech is always looking for new graduates to join our growing team from the following programs:
- Electrical Engineering
- Control Systems
- Computer Science
If you are graduating soon or have recently graduated please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-op Job Opportunities
RidgeTech is always on the lookout for co-op students from various Robotics and Engineering programs. We offer paid co-op placements in winter, summer and fall work terms. Our co-op students are full-time members of the RidgeTech team, who gain valuable hands on experience within the automation industry. For more information or to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
RidgeTech Automation is currently seeking to fill multiple Intermediate Control Systems Specialist positions. Applicants that are interested in joining a team who continuously strives for excellence, enjoys facing new challenges, and takes pride in the success of client focused solutions are invited to submit a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, qualifications and experience.
Candidates must hold a valid Canadian Passport, a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel. Although we strive to maintain a local workload, both domestic and global travel may be required in this position. Locations and length of travel will vary depending on the projects and workloads at any given time.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RidgeTech Automation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Be sure to follow our LinkedIn page to always see new positions first: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ridgetech-automation-incorporated
Intermediate Control Systems Specialist
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
RidgeTech Automation Inc. is a control systems integrator. From our headquarters in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, we deliver world class designs and software for clients in a wide variety of industries around the globe. Our mission is to deliver the highest quality, most trusted automation solutions in the industry.
We are looking for a dynamic team member with a strong work ethic and enthusiastic, positive attitude to join our growing company. We are currently seeking an Intermediate PLC Programmer to join our strong, dedicated team, who continuously strive for excellence, enjoy facing new challenges, and take pride in the success of our client focused solutions.
- Primarily responsible for the technical aspects of projects and project management responsibilities as required
- Develop controls designs and electrical schematics; specifying hardware and components
- Develop PLC/HMI/SCADA programs
- Set up VFD’s and Servo systems
- Commissioning and debugging machines at customer sites
- Troubleshooting electrical/mechanical and fluid power systems
- Develop and verify systems; understanding safety risk assessments
- Manage client relationship and project scope under direction of Account Manager; communicating project schedule requirements
- Uphold safe work practices as per RidgeTech Automation’s safety policies and requirements
- Provide direction for junior staff as required
- Comfortable executing and/or leading small to mid-sized automation projects
Education & Work Experience
- Degree/diploma in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or Robotics & Automation is required
- Must have a minimum of 3-7 years of experience in the Controls and Automation industry
- Programming experience with current PLC, HMI, and VFDs is a requirement
- Exposure to SCADA and motion control
- Electrical design fundamentals or 3D CAD development
- Complete understanding of project workflow including; design/process/programming reviews, FAT, SAT, final documentation and closing out projects
- Programming knowledge of multiple software platforms (Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, Omron, Toyopuc, etc.)
- Robot programming and configuration of multiple manufacturers (ABB, Fanuc, Motoman, Nachi, Kuka, etc.)
- Independent on-site commissioning and startup experience
- EPlan, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, etc.
- Peripheral systems including vision systems, marking systems, weld systems etc.
- Exposure to various automation processes (automotive, food and beverage, agricultural, mining, pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Project management and maintaining client relations
- Must have a positive attitude, be highly motivated and be able to communicate well with both clients and team members
- Competitive wages
- Health and benefit plan
- Wellness spending account
- Flexible Hours
- Cell phone allowance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP matching
- Employee referral bonus
- Continued training and professional association re-imbursement
If you are interested in this position, please submit a detailed resume to email@example.com outlining your skills, qualifications and experience by no later than Monday, December 6th at 10:00am.